Well, by now I am sure that everyone has heard the story about Adam and the bed sheets at Magic Mountain being his nemesis. But I thought that everyone would benefit from hearing about how my lovely sister, Alyssa, has a nemesis as well.....the parking garage!!!!! Yes, you heard me correctly, the parking garage.
The first time I realized that she had a problem was a long time ago we went to Scottsdale Fashion Center to get an x-mas present for my mom and we got lost in the parking garage. Looking back on it, it is really really funny. But at the time we were so mad at each other. She wouldn't listen to me about where to go and we just kept going up, then down, then up and we could never find our way out. We did get in a big fight and didn't talk to each other the whole way home. If I remember correctly, I blared "Put A Little Holiday In Your Heart" by Leanne Rimes the whole way home.
Anyway, Alyssa and I went to see Kathy Griffin with some of our girlfriends (shout out to Lori and Julie) at Dodge Theatre. We first met at the Arizona Center and had dinner then walked over to Dodge. Alyssa and I both parked at the garage at the Arizona Center.
So after the show, Lori drove us back to the garage for us to our cars. Alyssa backed out first, and then I followed. But when we got to the end, she didn't go straight to the little booths in front of us, she turned left and went out this side area. I just thought she knew a better way to get out. Well she didn't.
I was parked behind her watching her try to put in her parking card, and it wouldn't accept it. Then I shouted out the window that she was at the wrong exit, this was for annual card holders only. We had to exit out of the garage that she passed.
So I backed up just fine and sat there and waited for her to back up...Which was hilarious....she couldn't do it......
So yet again, we have to incidents under our belt involving parking garages....
August (20 Months)
14 years ago
