My Belly After Fruit, Bacon, Mamosa's, Nachos, and Beer.....
Powered by Blogger.

Two Thumbs Up For Bacon

Doesn't It Look Great!!!!!

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Dreams Do Come True

Like many of you I am on Twitter. Many times I have thought about deleting my account because sometimes Twitter is just glorified texting. But this day, I started to believe in Twitter more now than I ever had before.

It was just a normal Wednesday afternoon and I was sitting at my desk working. I looked at my phone and noticed that I had received a text message. I looked at it and it was a Tweet from Hason. Yet, I said Hanson. The boy group that sings Mmmmbop. The Tweet said that they would be on Mix969 in an hour. For a second I sat there and wondered where that is. Just the day before they had tweeted that they were in New Mexico, and I thought to myself how wonderful it would be if they came to Arizona and saw them driving down the freeway or something like that.

So I decided to Google Mix969. I knew that there was a radio station here in Phoenix with those call letters, but I really didn't think it would be here. Well, it was here!!!! I went on Mix 96.9's website and confirmed that Hanson was going to be in the studio!!! You honestly have no idea how excited I was...so I mapquested the address for the station and figured out that it was only 15 minutes away from my work. I also added the phone number for the station to my phone.

When 4:30 hit, I ran out of the office so that I could try to meet Hanson at the radio station. I finally found the station and waited outside. It was really hard because I was 7 months pregnant and I had to pee so bad...but I held out. Finally, after waiting for almost an hour I drive around the studio for the 7th time and pull up next to these 10 girls that were waiting the whole time I was. So I asked them if they were waiting for Hanson and if I could wait with them. Well, they were!!!!

About 30 minutes later they walked out of the radio station and I couldn't believe my eyes!!!! I was so excited I shouted out loud. As it turned out the other girls that were at the station had already met them, so they let me cut the line to get a few pictures.

Here I am with Taylor Hanson, the middle brother, and in my opinion the hottest one of all three.


Here I am with Taylor and Issac. Man are they good looking boys. Zach was already in the van so I couldn't get a picture with all three.














The whole reason Hanson was in Arizona was to promote their new album Shout It Out. They were on what they called a Detour, where they traveled from Oklahoma to different cities around the U.S. promoting their album in a 15 person van driven by them. They go to different cities appear on television shows, you might have seen them on Jay Leno and Lopez Tonight, and then put on a listening party. The one in Arizona was held at the Tempe Beach Park. So Teddy took me there to spend a little more time and possibly get a picture with all three of them.
Here is their van with a banner that says Hanson. Now what I didn't know, and I kind of have to make fun of them a little, is that they were going to play their c.d. out of the speakers of the van. If I had known that, I would have asked Teddy to bring a few speakers and subwoofer along with us. Okay, enough with the jokes.




Now, for some reason Hanson is friends with Frankie Munez from Malcolm in the Middle. Now I took this picture, because he is a celebrity, and to show you the shirt that I was wearing. This is a t-shirt that Teddy bought me at the Hanson concert I went to 2 years ago. I squeezed my pregnant but into this shirt...and this is the result.




Now the fun begins, here I am with Issac. The oldest brother. I am not sure what he said to me here, but apparently it was pretty exciting!





Here we are posing with his signature on my belly.






Here I am again with Taylor. He signed it to the baby :)







Hopefully people can see why I think he is so handsome.














The third brother Zach doesn't like crowds very much. He pretty much stayed away for as long as he could. But not long enough because on the way to take a group shot with all the people that came to the listening party I snagged him for a quick signature on my shirt. Zach was too fast for Teddy to get a picture.
Can you find me in this picture? It is like Where's Waldo ;)








On the way back to the van I make a dash for Taylor and I ask him if I can get a picture with all three of them. He was hesitant at first, but I pulled the baby card. I told him that I needed to have a picture with all three of them so that she would know who signed the shirt while she was in my belly. I don't pull the pregnancy card often, but I couldn't help but use it now. Like I said before, Hanson rarely does a picture with all three of them together. I am not sure why considering they are the whole band, but it was worth asking. Taylor told me that if I couldn't get all three of them together then they would take the picture. I told him that I would be waiting by the van.
I am not too sure how I got back to the van that fast, but I did. I waited by the passenger doors for all three of them to get there and sure enough...it worked!!! Here I am with all three of the boys. They were so nice to do this...














This was truly one of the best days of my life and I have crossed something off my bucket list. The best part is they are coming back to Phoenix in September for a concert. I can't wait!!!!
And to prove that I have all three signatures, here is a picture of my shirt :) I am going to frame it and put it above the t.v. ha ha ha, Teddy wouldn't care for that too much. But I am going to frame it.