This year, Teddy and I drove to Gold Canyon for Thanksgiving dessert and to do some Black Friday shopping. Last year we attempted the mall, and it was the worst experience ever. Never mind the fact that what I went there for wasn't even on sale. We made it out to Shawn's house around 9 p.m. and hit the hay around 11 p.m. Then we woke up at 3 a.m. to stand in line at Kohl's and Walmart. I know many of you will say that we are silly and crazy, but we got great deals and Teddy and I are done with our shopping. Well except for a few, we are done.
The shopping wasn't as bad as I had expected. Some lady at Kohl's ran into me with a huge box and I hit myself in the face with some wrapping paper, but other than that it was smooth sailing. Up until I had to use the bathroom...
After we hit Kohl's and Walmart I wanted to swing by Ulta but they didn't open until 7 a.m. Well it was 6 a.m. and this point. So Shawn wanted to go a few blocks to another store to get a few things. Well, why Teddy and I were waiting for Shawn I had to go to the bathroom. So I walked down to Bashas, but they don't open the doors to the public until 7 a.m....it was 6:55 a.m. When Shawn got back to the car we were trying to figure out where I could go and we found a Circle K. I figured that was better than a Filiberto's 24 hour Mexican place. For those of you not familiar, the bathrooms are usually pretty gross....
Anyway, as I am using the facilities something strikes me as odd....why would they have a full size mirror right in front of the toilet? It just struck me as something sneaky or perverted was going on because they had three other walls the mirror could have been on. I tried to cover myself as much as I could, but it was too late. I guess waking up at 3 a.m. leaves my senses a little behind. I did walk up to the mirror to see if it would come off the wall and it looked like it would...but then I just stood there and thought...can I really be the first woman who went to the bathroom here and wondered if there was a camera behind the mirror. Then I thought....what would happen when I run out to the car and tell Teddy and Shawn that someone video taped me going to the bathroom...
Well I decided to leave the mirror and remind myself to never to that restroom again. However, now I can't remember where the stupid place is to warn the rest of you. So the best I can do warn you to never use the Circle K women's restroom across from a Filiberto's in Gold Canyon, Arizona. It might have even been on Signal Butte.
Also, if you happen to see me on one of those Dateline specials can you please tell me?
August (20 Months)
14 years ago
