On Sunday I attended Charlie's birthday party. It was fun and Lindsay had good food for the humans. She had Serrano's Mexican trays and Sprinkles cupcakes. I have never heard of Sprinkles before but I will never forget them. As you all know, I LOVE cupcakes. This is something that I have been almost obsessed with since I became pregnant. Anyway, Charlie and Lindsay were nice enough to let me take a Peanut Butter cupcake home with me for a little snack.
I had a BBQ to go to at my friend Jacob's house, so I wrapped the cupcake in a napkin and took it with me. I even brought it inside so it wouldn't melt. Hey, I am pregnant so I can get away with things like that. Okay, I digress.....When I got home from the BBQ I relaxed in my new recliner and then decided it was time to have that cupcake. Then the worst thing happened....
I was just about to take a bite when I lost control of the cupcake and it fell out of hand and landed right on on my floor. It was a loud splat and chocolate frosting and sprinkles went everywhere. I was so upset...I stood there for a few minutes and just stared down at the horrible scene.
The worst part was that I ran out of floor cleaner so our kitchen floor hasn't been mopped in while so I had to throw the whole cupcake away. Otherwise, I would have done the 5 second rule. Even though I don't much follow that rule now that I am pregnant. Food on the floor doesn't appeal that much to me anymore.
I should have taken a picture so you guys could see just how bad it was....but it is better if I don't have any physical proof of what happened. It is bad enough that the events of that horrible accident keep popping into my head.....
August (20 Months)
14 years ago
