Teddy and I had a little scare last night. I was having some pains on my lower left side that started on Tuesday morning. It hurt so bad to walk, move, even use the restroom. I am trying not to freak out about things that happen during my pregnancy so I have made a promise to myself that I will monitor what happens and call my Dr. depending on how long something lasts and how bad the pain is. Anyway, I went to bed that night and around 3 a.m. I was woken up by the worst pain in my side and my back that I have ever felt in my life. I woke up Teddy and called the triage nurse my Dr.'s office has for after hour emergencies. She told me to take some Tylenol, drink 3 16 oz. of water, and wait three hours. If the pains get worse during that time or I see any blood I would need to go to the emergency room. Needless to say I was a little scared.
So I did what the nurse said and laid back down. I was able to get back up to sleep and woke up a little after 7. The pain was there just not that bad. I called the Nurse again and she said that I should call my Dr. when they open at 8 and see if they can squeeze me in. So I did, and they had availability. I didn't go in to work that day because of the pain.
Teddy met me at the Dr. later that afternoon and we waited to see what the Dr. had to say. Basically they said it was ligaments stretching. They ran all different kinds of tests and did a scan to see if a cyst on my left ovary was getting bigger. Good thing, the cyst looks like it has dissolved. So they told me that I needed to continue taking the Tylenol, rest, and basically deal with the pain as there was nothing they could do.
The reason this is even more scarier is that when I was in Show Low we decided to go sledding. I went down this hill three times. And I swear to everyone that it wasn't bad at all. I didn't go in the air, I didn't fall, and I never, ever, ever, ever, land on my stomach. It was just that these pains just happened to come right after the sledding and I freaked out. I had a breakdown about how if anything happened to the baby it would be my fault...Poor Teddy not only had to deal with me in pain, but he also had to deal with the fact that I was so scared something bad had happened to the baby. Teddy did a very good job at soothing me. I was very glad to hear that the baby was fine and the pain was just related to me getting bigger. Apparently others were worried about it also. When I called my sister she confessed that she was stressed about something happening to the baby too. This was a lesson that I think every woman learns when she is pregnant for the first time, it is better to sit things out than deal with the stress of something happening after. And if no other pregnant woman has ever done anything stupid during their pregnancy then you are very rare...
On a lighter note, we were, however, given a sneak peak at the sex of the baby...but it wasn't a very good shot, so you will have to wait until Friday.
August (20 Months)
14 years ago
