My Belly After Fruit, Bacon, Mamosa's, Nachos, and Beer.....
Powered by Blogger.

Two Thumbs Up For Bacon

Doesn't It Look Great!!!!!

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Ruth and Harry

Well, I figured now is a better time than any to tell the world about Ruth and Harry. I will give you a few minutes to guess who Ruth and Harry are......

Okay, do you remember when I mentioned that I had a cysts on one of my ovaries? It is in one of my older blogs. Well, as it turns out, it was a dermoid cyst. I called my sister right after my appointment to tell her about it and she almost threw-up when she googled what it was. Basically, a dermoid cyst are cells that form and can develop teeth and hair. To make it easier to talk about, Alyssa named the cyst Ruth. That way we didn't have to call it a dermoid and we could talk about it in front of other people without giving it away.

Now I will give you a few minutes to react and possibly Google what it is....My Dr. said that they usually don't know women have them unless they burst or the woman comes in for an ultrasound.

You can imagine how I feel. It was like that part in My Big Fat Greek Wedding:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWispEM3900

That is why I had so many ultrasounds, the Dr.'s had to monitor the size of the cyst to make sure that it didn't rupture or hurt the baby in some way.

I went my whole pregnancy without an issue, but towards the end Ruth kept growing right along with the baby. When it came time to deliver, she was about the size of a lemon. Which is HUGE for a cyst. I like to think that the cyst is what made me look so big while I was pregnant and not the donuts :) hee hee

I had already decided the Dr. would take Ruth out after I delivered Olivia, so when I went in for the c-section they just took Ruth out right after Olivia was born. Little did I know that there were two cysts!!! One on each of my ovaries!! I told the Dr. when she was operating that we named the one on the left ovary Ruth, so she named the other one Harry! I won't describe to you what I heard when they took them out, but it wasn't pretty.

My Dr. was so excited about them, because I guess they are pretty rare and they love to study them. It it one of those medical mysteries!!!

Anyway, Teddy I took a picture of them if you want to see them. I didn't think it would be nice to just post them, given that some poeple may have a weak stomach. If you want to see them, just leave a comment with your e-mail address and I will delete